Science Trend’s mission is to be a bridge between scientists and the general public by allowing scientists to share their knowledge, experience, and research with you. In order to do this, Science Trends relies on funding from our advertisers in order to enhance your experience at Science Trends and allow us to cover our operating costs.
Science Trends remains unbiased as advertisers and advertisements in no way compromise our editorial autonomy. Other than input about broad topic areas, we never allow sponsors to influence the content we create.
We wanted to create a policy documenting how Science Trends uses advertising, where, and with what networks. At this time, Science Trends displays Google Adsense and Outbrain advertisements. Science Trends does not have any paid links, affiliate links, or paid guest posts (branded content).
- All advertising on the Science Trends is at our discretion; Science Trends has the right to reject, cancel and remove advertising at any time.
- Science Trends does not accept advertising that is for, or contains the following:
- False, fraudulent, or misleading scientific claims, including sources that publish content not scientifically backed by peer-reviewed research.
- Material that promotes illegal activities, illegal services, or products.
- Material that promotes hatred of any form, including violence, terrorism, racism, and any other type of discrimination.
- Material that promotes the breach of intellectual property rights, such as software hacking.
- Tobacco, alcohol, pornography, adult content or products, gambling, firearms, and weapons.
- While we do display advertising on Science Trends, it does not constitute an endorsement of said advertisements.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure that advertising complies with local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- Science Trends marks all advertisements with “advertisement” or “sponsored content.”
If you have any questions or want any clarification on advertising on Science Trends, please visit our Contact page.